Saying PLEASE and THANK YOU


 In this lesson we look at ways to say please and thank you. First of all, watch the following video about PLEASE and THANK YOU.

REVIEW:
 We usually PLEASE when asking for something or as a polite way of say yes to an offer.  Examples using PLEASE and PLEASURE:

- Please, can I watch some TV?
- Can I please go out to play?
- May I please leave the room?
- Could I please have some ice-cream?
- Would you like some ice-cream?
- Oh, yes please.
- Do you want something to eat?
- Yes, I would please!
- Can I offer you a cup of coffee?
- Oh please, that would be great!
- I’m pleased with my new house.
- This job pleases me.
- Your music gives me pleasure.
- I’m very pleased to meet you.

 If something makes you PLEASED, you can say that you feel UPLIFTED, PERKED, CHUFFED, GLADDENED, OVERJOYED, OVER THE MOON.

Different ways to say THANK YOU:
- Thank you.
- Thank you very much.
- Thanks a lot.
- Thank you so much.
- Thanks a bundle.
- You are too kind.
- Thanks ever such a lot.
- Cheers!
- Ta very much.

   Expressing surprise and joy:
- Wow, how kind... thank you!
- That’s good of you... cheers!
- I don’t know what to say... thanks a lot!
- I’m overwhelmed... thank you so much!
- What can I say? You are the best!
- Thank you very much.
- This present is so nice! Oh, you shouldn’t have!





4 comentários:

Max disse...

thanks for posting this video. It's very helpful!!

Anônimo disse...

This video helped me a lot!
Thanks, Beatriz Peres 1°A

Anônimo disse...

I really enjoyed this video, very interesting, it would be nice to learn more about these pronunciations in a room with the help of Professor
Danielli da Silva 1st C

Unknown disse...

Thanks 4 this video, it always helps me, in my pronunced.
POST MORE!!!
Isabela Hennes Rangel
1st B

Postar um comentário